Introduction
On a trip to Edinburgh, sampling the local dairy products.
Introduction
My name is Nell Aère, I was born and reared in Brittany till I moved to Ireland in 1977 at the age of 18. I have been drawing and painting since I was a child. I was self-taught, till I went back to student life, to complete a Diploma course in Graphic Design. I learned to use the Adobe suite software that projected me to a different dimension. I also love photography. I am now enjoying creating art combining traditional watercolours, oils and acrylics to digital medium to arrange and enhance my compositions. I love everything to do with print like screen printing, lithography, etchings etc... As I love drawing, scenery and characters, stories are born from sketches on paper, to take on a new life on screen. Everyday is a blank canvas waiting to be imprinted. Returning to Education as a Mature Student I'm embracing the challenge of discovering the ever changing modern world, from traditional to digital, pushing boundaries to blending both into boundless creativity.
I’m looking forward to being involved in group projects as well as discovering the different media and platforms. I will enjoy discovering the different tools that will enable me to learn how to create new projects. With the acquisition of new skills, I’m looking forward to being able to build and create using new resources and explore the digital media world. With new ideas and techniques, I’m eager to project myself into new dimensions that the world of graphic design has opened to me.
The world of photography has been inviting but now I want it to be relevant and inclusive in different platforms, including social platforms. The fact that I have been using photography to record times, people in the music industry, it is a hobby that I have grown accustomed to display, but now I would like to develop it to be able to share it with the best of my knowledge, to the standards that people have grown to take for granted with the use of phones replacing cameras. As I have been told that I have a certain creative flair, I would like to be able to turn my own ideas into something that would have their own identity like a signature at the bottom of a painting.
I am curious to learn about web development as I had an introduction to the world of coding which left me dubious as to how my brain was able to process information. I thought that’s what machines do, then changed my mind thinking that I better learn everything from scratch, which is why, again, I’m going to challenge myself and give it my best shot.
I am looking forward to acquiring new skills, I enjoy new challenges, my eyes are wide open, my ears are listening, I’m an observer, I like to reflect, I am forever learning.
Comments
Post a Comment