Media Compression






Media Compression



https://pixabay.com/illustrations/silhouette-man-hug-pleasure-sunset-327075/


  

I had read about media compression before as I had to use different formats when making videos and uploading them on YouTube.  I had to assemble photos and music they could turn out to be huge files. As I had to send them to people for different purposes and requirements, I had to adapt them to their requests. I never really understood them but worked with them but as years passed, technology has developed into more specific tasks.  I never really understood what they were and how they worked. 

Spatial compression (intraframe) and Temporal compression (interframe) are two ways you can use to reduce the size of your videos. That’s .JPEG and .MPEG as we know them more these current days. Low and High bitrate determine the quality of the finished product. The higher bitrate the higher resolution and the better quality of image in the video. You can reduce the size and bitrate of a video file or stream by reducing the dimensions of each video frame. By also reducing the frame-rate you can reduce the data rate but you have to be mindful not to overdo it as it loses its quality.  









Video Compression as Fast As Possible - YouTube

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Media

Active Reading

Media Ethics