Peer Review #2
I have read the two blogs that was assigned to me which were very different in the way they were written. I found interesting the way the writers may have been researching the same topics but when discussing them, they appear to have learned and gathered information but are not showing all in their reports. So, in the matter of reviewing, you have to ask yourself questions, and try to find sources, which show how important it is to reference them. After reading about the Spark method by Mark Gardner of reviewing, which stands for Specific, Prescriptive, Actionable, Referenced and Kind I tried to adapt those principles in reviewing my peers‘ blogs. As you are not supposed to correct the contents, you are to give some direction and support to the person, as an aid to improve their questioning and rationing by making them reflect on themselves and rewriting, refining their work by their respective introspections, as suggested for improvement with a kindness that is more beneficial to the educational, personal growth of the learner.
As for receiving feedback I found it very useful and would like to keep that method in place for my studies, as it is very important to gage where you are at in terms of progress. It takes time to be able to adjust, tweak to what you would consider a finish essay or any piece of writing. When you get a second opinion you realise that you might be either out of context or that you have read, research a subject, know its sources but have not the experience of academic writing. I found that it was a good idea to explore my own thoughts as it made me research further and realise that I need to express opinions too rather than states facts. That promotes further research and then allow for a better expression in writing or verbally of a topic, which appears obvious to you but is missing the core idea, or reference for the reader to elaborate.
Media Ethics: Use of Dark Media (dayoidmblog.blogspot.com)
link of my own blog peer review
Posted by Donell to Nell IDMblog at Nov 10, 2021, 2:58 PM
Comments
Post a Comment