Revising Writing




 Revising Writing

When I read the review my peer sent me, I was quite satisfied that I had conveyed my message and that it was legible, understandable and a good read. I had done, what I thought, was my best. But after watching several other videos and subsequently writing other blog tasks, I came to realise that when my peer reviewed my writings, he made a few suggestions that I found useful. It made me look into the questioning, citing  phrases and authors. When it was suggested that I should take excerpts of videos as topics that I could elaborate on, I then realised that it could be like an anchor point to build upon. By the similar process of active reading, I could take notes, rewrite, revisit, deconstruct to rebuild by adding elements or take away to refine.  When my reviewer suggested two questions it left me wondering if it was an added dimension that I could introduce as a way of elaborating, or if it was a point that I had omitted, or was it a subject that I could look into with more details. 

The “what if” suggestion was the most useful for me to want to alter my development of the subject. By picking excerpts in the video I could refine by adding references and paraphrasing what the speakers had said, who they mentioned to add an extra depth in my arguments and debate. 

So to conclude, I would rely on peer review as it is a constructive process, when all points are taken into consideration , for the bigger picture to be reconstructed by consolidating the foundations by revisiting and adding the finishing touches that makes a nearly perfect blog. You are only as good as your last writings. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Media

Active Reading

Media Ethics